Sr. Dev Engineer
Who We Are
Handle is a Y Combinator backed technology company that is focused on revolutionizing how money flows through the $1.5 trillion dollar US construction industry. Handle has established strong product-market fit by landing some of the largest logos in the industry. Our customers include Fortune 500 and publicly traded companies whose users make our SaaS solution an essential part of their daily workflow. We’ve just closed $10 million in Series A funding and are continuing to grow rapidly month over month. We’ve accomplished this with a small but mighty team, so you will still be getting in on the ground floor. In the next year, we plan to build on the success of our product suite and continue our path of innovation.
The founders are serial entrepreneurs with a proven track record (2 companies, one successful exit to LivePerson, and the other profitably operating for over 20 years). They are also experienced fundraisers that have raised over $50M from top tier firms such as Andreessen Horowitz.
Handle is adding a new product line. You will be a part of its development and help build the MVP. We have a unique spin on this concept which makes it interesting but will not go into more detail here on this public job post.
What makes this a unique opportunity:
- It’s a new product. You get to architect it. You don’t have to clean up an existing codebase.
- You’ll be one of the first five engineering hires in the company and report to a co-founder/CTO.
- It’s a hybrid role, you’ll need to talk to customers to learn about the pitfalls of their current solution and research how to solve several challenges. At the same time, you’ll need to get the MVP done primarily on your own.
- You will get to hire 1-2 additional developers by the end of the year.
- 6+ years professional programming experience.
- Ability to split time between an individual contributor role and product manager role.
- Ability to present well to customers
- Passion for coding; Has worked on personal projects.
- Comfortable with basic SQL queries (we use Postgres).
- Experience writing automated tests.
- Experience with Git / Pull Requests.
- Would have prior experience building a product from the ground up.
- Would have an understanding of how electronic payments work.
- Would have experience working with enterprise ERP systems.
- Company-funded health benefit options (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Great Equity Packages (remember, you’ll be one of the first employees)
- 100% Paid Parental Leave
- Unlimited vacation time (that we actually use!)
- Work from home flexibility (and awesome WFH equipment)
- 12 company holidays
- And more